Donations & Recycling
- Donations are by appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays (unless otherwise noted). Text (770) 490-1083.
- List of unaccepted items.
- Effective 10/13/2023 - WE CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT BOOKS OR PRINTED MATERIALS OVER 10 YEARS OLD, ANNOTATED, HIGHLIGHTED, DRAWN IN, OR IN WORN, TORN OR YELLOWED CONDITION UNTIL WE FIND FUNDING FOR PICKUP FEES.
- Please DO NOT leave items at door.
- The TRE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit recognuized by the IRS. Donations are tax deductible as provided by law.
We are committed to diverting materials from the landfill. Donations that are not reusable by the TRE will be donated to another worthy organization.
Do you know why your teacher became a teacher? Was it their dream to be a teacher? To make a difference in the lives of their students? To share their love of learning? To give back to the community?
Three (3) winners will be selected from public and private elementary, middle, and high schools in Forsyth County, Georgia. The winning entries will be uploaded and made available for purchase. Purchases will support the Teacher Reuse Exchange’s mission.
Come make new friends, strengthen your ties to our community, broaden your support network, and show your support for teachers. Volunteering at the Teacher Reuse Exchange is rewarding and FUN.
Volunteering involves accepting donations from donors, restocking and organizing supplies, greeting and assisting teachers shopping, and other related tasks.
All volunteers must complete and sign a waiver before volunteering. Parents or guardians must sign a volunteer form for minors. Volunteers under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Mail: 1470 Harburn Ct., Cumming, GA 30041
Phone: (770) 490-1083
Board of Directors
Board Chair, Christine Murphy
Secretary, Sue Javors
Treasurer, Susan Sokolowsky
Board Member, Marilene Cunningham
Board Member, Denise Webb
Founder & Executive Director,
TRE Engagement Manager,
Hadriane Kalfus, Steadfast Volunteer